I have had this idea for a while but have lacked the dedication and drive to complete the headboard for my guest bedroom. Over this past weekend I finally took the 30 minutes that it needed my attention and finished it up.
The first thing that I did was measure the space and have Aaron cut the plywood for me. Next I painted it on one side (the one facing out into the room) with the same paint that I used for the dresser.
I added some 1.5" thick padding, gluing it down with my glue gun. Then I added a little batting just to try and smooth down the edges of the foam. I had some woven wool fabric in a grey color that I wanted to use for the headboard unfortunately I did not have enough so I had to improvise. I used some of the leftover fabric that I had from the stool makeover that I did to make stripes at the sides of the headboard. I also used the blue fabric to make a ribbon around the bottom of the padded portion so that it would look a little more finished if anyone got a chance to peek down at it. As I went along each fabric got pulled tight around the back of the plywood and stapled using a staple gun (make sure that you have the right size staples because you do not want to have them poking through to the other side). Here are some pictures during the progress. I hope that you enjoy. In the final picture I have some pink pillows on the bed, but I must say that those are going to have to go. Maybe I will make some pillow covers and add some throw pillows to the bed instead using the tutorial over at Creations by Kara.
Overall I think that I like the look of it. There are some more things in the room that need to change before I can call the room complete and love it for what it is.
Have a great day and a great week everyone.