Monday, January 2, 2012

Master Bedroom Completion

 I have finally completed my master bedroom project.  The walls were painted over a year ago.  The upper part of the walls is a tea green color and the lower part of the wall is a olive green dark dark color.  Back in September we got new carpet.  In November I made some awesome new art for the walls.  So the final touches happened when we got some snazzy new night stands from IKEA.  They mount to the wall and I can vacuum all the way under them....so basically that rocks. 

I also painted some lamps that I got at a garage sale.  It was an awful wood and gold color and I spray painted it a dark chocolate brown color.  I also got new lamp shades for these beautiful new lamps.  They remind me of an old Victorian style shade minus the fringe.  They give some soft lines to the otherwise very linear room.  The final touches added to the room were pictures of Aaron and I in the new large frames that I got for the long wall in the room.  I chose to use pictures from different vacations that we had been on.  From left to right it is a picture of the ocean on our trip to San Fransisco in October, a picture in Arches National Monument earlier this year, and a Colorado mountain picture from one of our many 4wheeling adventures near Rollins Pass.  And finally over the desk I hung a frame that I already had and put in it Sepia prints of our engagement photos.  Some of the photos really turned out great.


See my "Linky Party" page to see where I am going to link up this week.

5 comments:

  1. Love that picture frame. THanks for sharing with my newbie party. PLEASE add my link or button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. It came out awesome. I'd love for you to share it at my link party that opens each Tuesday evening at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie I have your button in my Linky Party page and love sharing on your site each week. Thanks for hosting.

    Judy I will be sure and check out your linky party. I have added it to my list and will be sure to join up. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful,love the picture frames,Thanks for joining us on Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures frames too, what a great upgrade. I can't believe I'm just finding you, my name is Karah and one of my favorite responsibilities is Auntie!
    A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea today and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete